Bake Affair Organic Pretzels
For fresh pretzels, pretzel sticks, bread rolls ...
(£11.72 / kg, Price shown includes 5% VAT. - Excludes delivery costs)
Features & Advantages
- For 6 pieces
- Vegan variant possible
- Few additional ingredients needed
Item no.: XPI-BAF-350, Content: 443 g, EAN: 9120101511845
Now you can easily bake aromatic, crusty pretzels for a hearty snack at home! All you need is this baking mix, an egg (optional - for an egg wash), a topping of your choice and a little time.
For 6 pretzels you need:
- 1 can organic pretzel baking mix
- 2 litres of water for the lye
- Classic variant: 1 egg (only the egg white) / vegan variant: 2 tablespoons of water
- Optional as a topping: coarse grains of salt, seeds or grains (sesame, poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, ...)
Resting time for the dough: 30 - 45 min at room temperature
Baking time: 25 min at 190°C (top / bottom heat)
And this is how easy it is to make your own pretzels:
- Open the seal on the baking mix. Take out the sachet with the baking soda and keep it aside until you need it later. Pour the remaining contents in a large bowl or in your food processor or Thermomix. Fill the can to the water line (215 ml) with lukewarm water. Carefully pour this over the baking mix. Knead the dough with your hands, the food processor or the Thermomix for about 3 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a clean cloth and let the dough rise at room temperature (about 24°C) for 30-45 minutes.
- For the next step take 2 litres of water in a large wide pot. Add the baking soda from the bag that was set aside and heat the water (important: do not bring to a boil!).
- Knead the dough again briefly and divide it into six equal portions. Form it into a pretzel shape or any other desired shape. Preheat the oven to 190°C top / bottom heat.
- Now place the raw dough pieces one after the other in the hot baking soda solution (lye) for about 30 seconds. Turn them halfway through so they are coated on both sides.
- Remove the dough pieces from the lye, let them drain briefly or dab them a little with paper towels. Carefully place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. If you wish, you can brush them with egg white or water for a shiny surface and sprinkle some toppings.
- Let your pretzels bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until they are golden brown. Immediately take it off the baking sheet and let it cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
|Product Features:||Vegan, Free from Artificial Dyes , No Added Aromas , Palm oil-free|
|Province :||Lower Austria|
|Product Types:||Baking Mixes|
|Seal of Approval & Certificates:||Austria Bio Garantie, EU / non-EU organic label|
|Nutritional Information||per 100 g|
|Energy Content / Calories||1231 / 294 kjs / kcals|
|from Saturated Fats||0,1 g|
|from Sugar||2,9 g|
Questions & Answers about Bake Affair Organic Pretzels
English reviews written for Bake Affair Organic Pretzels
Discover From Austria UK:
Free delivery in United Kingdom
Delivery in 5 business days.
More than 7.250 products