Bake Affair Spelt Striezel SINGLE
100% Austrian ingredients
The “Spelt Striezel Made from Yeast Dough” baking mix can also be prepared with oat milk and vegetable fat and is therefore ideal for vegans. It can also be traditionally prepared with milk, eggs and butter and makes a delicious breakfast!
Fresh ingredients (classic recipe):
- 2 eggs
- 165 ml of milk
- 40 g butter
Fresh ingredients (vegan recipe):
- 150 ml of oat milk
- 40 g vegetable fat
Baking instructions for approx. 6 spelt rolls or 1 spelt loaf:
- Open the mix and pour the baking mix into a large bowl.
- Classic recipe: gently heat 150 ml milk (see the milk line in the can) and 40 g butter in a saucepan until the butter melts. Let cool down to room temperature and stir in an egg.
- Vegan recipe: Gently heat 150 ml of oat drink (see the milk line in the can) and 40 g of vegetable fat in a saucepan until the fat dissolves. Let cool down to room temperature.
- Add the lukewarm milk mixture to the baking mixture and knead for approx. 4 minutes by hand, with a food processor or with a mixer.
- Cover and let the dough rest in the bowl in a warm place (approx. 24 ° C) for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Knead the dough and shape it into your desired shape (e.g. roll into balls or plait into a classic Striezel loaf). Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Classic recipe: after shaping the pastry, spread an egg wash mixture of one egg yolk and milk (1 tablespoon milk and 1 yolk) and cover with cling film.
- Vegan recipe: Cover with cling film.
- Let the dough rest in a warm place for about 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven (top-bottom heat 180 ° C).
- Classic recipe: brush again with the yolk-milk mixture.
- Vegan recipe: brush with water
- Bake the Striezel at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet and let cool down for 10 minutes
- The longer the dough rests, the better it will rise. It should rise to twice its original height.
- Wrapped in cling film, a lunch box or a freezer bag, the baked goods will stay fresh for days.